Thursday, January 8, 2015

So what's the point?

          Five days into this blog and I've never put out why I'm keeping track of my food. Some would consider this obsessive, and it is, and I'm fully aware of that. I'm a little obsessive when I get my mind on something. Mainly, I've just decided that I need to take control of my health.
          You see I'm a college student. Well I'm in my last semester, so I'm almost not a college student (I don't want to talk about my impending adulthood doom.) Like a majority of college students I have rarely been healthy. I drink, I eat fast food, I make chocolate chip cookies at 2 am. It is what it is. While I've been fortunate enough to make enough healthy choices that I didn't become extremely overweight, I have gained close to 25 lbs since my freshman year, and I wasn't a thin girl to begin with (I was a swimmer and I hold a lot of muscle when I train.) For measure, and honesty sake, I'm 5'4", when I graduated high school I was right around 140 lbs, now I'm around 165. For my height, the best weight range is 110-125 lbs, but for now I'd like to get back to 140. I felt so much better then, I was so much more confident, and all my clothes fit me.
          I started this blog as a way to make me more accountable. In school, writing things down helps me to retain information. I'm hoping that if I religiously record what I eat, I can start to trend where I'm laking in my nutrition. I want to have it right in front of me, and I want to stop lying to myself about what I eat. I'm doing this recording in conjunction with starting a better diet, so I'm hoping I will rarely see things like "McDonald's" or "Domino's," but I am human and I probably will.
          I'm also going to record my workouts. As I start to find what works best for me I'll probably detail them better, but for now I'm just recording what I generally do. As an athlete I have the mentality to want to train towards something, but I don't have anything so gym time can be a little daunting. But I do want to be strong and lean in conjunction to my internal health, so working out is a must.
          I'm hoping this blog will help me greatly in my health goals. I want my body to feel good as I roll into adulthood come May. Advice, tips, and encouragement is always welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment